Who we are
ConMoto Group is a legal process improvement business. Our aim is to provide a better experience for our people and our clients than a traditional law firm or unsupported in-house legal team.
Bringing together a diverse team of lawyers and software developers, we work together to solve our clients’ legal and contracting challenges, both within Australia and overseas.
At ConMoto Group our core values underpin everything we do.
These core values are:
- Sustainability – we take the long view and act now with the future always in mind;
- Engagement– we all have a voice, and we want to hear yours;
- Improvement – everything we do is an opportunity to improve the way we do it;
- Practicality – practicality and speed beats tradition and perfection every time.
We started ConMoto Group in 2019 in Hobart, Tasmania. Our original team of three has been growing ever since and now includes both lawyers and software engineers working side by side to provide the best possible legal and legal-process improvement services.
We were very clear when we started the business that did not want to start just another law firm.
Between us, we’ve spent time in top-tier law firms, a medium-size law firm and a number of in-house corporate positions, so we think that we’ve seen a wide range of how legal services are delivered. Based on that experience, we felt strongly that:
- the way that commercial law is practiced needed to change;
- the working environment could and should be so much better for the people working there; and
- that these two things are actually closely connected.
For example, if we focus on knowledge capture and investing in systems and technology, then we don’t need the billable hour and all that goes with it. And for us to be the kind of business that continually improves and is prepared to experiment with new ways of doing things, we need engaged, passionate people with diverse skill sets who all have a voice in the business.
We see ourselves as a ‘legal process improvement business’ because that covers everything we do from our work on our software platform Cadence, document automation and other software tools right through to providing legal advice, contract drafting and supporting businesses with regulatory compliance and dispute resolution.